Acupuncture First Time
Welcome to Tao to Wellness!
We are truly honored that you have chosen us to be a part of your healthcare team!
A few things you need to know before your first visit:
- When you made your appointment, you should have received a confirmation email. Within this email is a link to fill out your intake form. Please complete this at home, before your appointment.
- If you are coming to us for fertility support, please email any blood tests, semen analysis or basal body temp charts to your acupuncturist before your appointment.
- If you have an insurance question, please email email@example.com. We are in network with Cigna and United Healthcare. We are out of network with HPS, Meridian and Aetna. Any other insurances we are happy to give you a superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- On the day before your appointment you will receive an email from the office outlining everything you need to know, for example how to get into the building and our Covid protocols, we strive to keep a safe space for everyone, so please read the entire email.
- Your first intake and acupuncture appointment will be 1.5 hours in length.
- Do not brush or clean your tongue the morning of your acupuncture session.
- Always take your prescription medications, but if you are coming in for acupuncture to address a pain issue, try to avoid taking your over the counter painkillers such as, aspirin, Advil, Motrin or Alleve. However, if this is not possible due to the intensity of your pain, please take whatever you need to in order to get to your appointment!
- Wear loose clothing for your acupuncture sessions, usually we work from your elbows and knees down to the tips of your fingers and toes.
- Please refrain from using colognes and perfumes, some of our other patients are very sensitive to strong fragrances.
- Keep in mind there is a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- And finally, there is street parking only, so leave yourself a couple of extra minutes.
We are so looking forward to meeting you! Any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org